The DAM Book 3.0
Looking for a wholistic approach to the creation, storage and management of photographic images? Peter Krogh is an internationally recognized expert on workflow and Digital Asset Management for Photography. In The DAM Book 3.0, he addresses the entire ecosystem of our visually connected world in a complete and unified mannehttps://damuseful.myshopify.com/adminr.
The DAM Book 3.0 delivers a detailed and unified approach to help you
• Create order from the chaos of your existing image collection
• Maximize the value and utility of your visual media library
• Build a resilient archive that can withstand multiple threats
With this book, you will learn how to:
- Incorporate cloud services into your workflow
- Determine a strategy for storage, backup and validation of image data
- Use lifecycle analysis to build an efficient and secure workflow
- Use metadata to tag what’s important to you
- Establish intelligent file-naming conventions
- Choose the right file formats for each task
- Employ sound directory strategies
- Design integrated workflow according to best practices
- Integrate your image library with other applications and services
- Evaluate the benefits and limitations of Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning services
Table of Contents
1 – Visually Speaking
2 – A Digital Photography Ecosystem
3 – Image Objects and File Formats
4 – How Metadata Works
5 – Using Metadata
6 – Logical Structure
7 – Digital Storage Hardware
8 – Backup, Verification and Restoration
9 – Workflow and Lifecycle
10 – Software Options
11 – Export, Share, Embed and Integrate
12 – Migration
The index is available for a more detailed view of what’s inside.
For educators interested in adding this book to their curriculum, a review copy (PDF) of the book is available upon request. Please complete this form to request a copy.
- Format: PDF eBook, CD and Paperback
- Pages: 544
- Fully indexed with active links to content
- Some Resource links in PDF may not be active yet.
FORMATSPDF for immediate download: $34.95
CD: $39.95 plus shipping.
Paperback: $59.95 plus shipping.
*** If you have a discount code, you will enter it on the Payment Processing page.***